#AceFashionNews Sept.18: Retirement from the ramp doesn’t seem to have stopped supermodel Gisele Bündchen from earning the big bucks. The Brazilian beauty has been named by Forbes magazine as the world’s highest-paid supermodel for the ninth year in a row.
According to a survey by the magazine, the 35-year-old earned $44m (£28.2m) between June 2014 and June 2015. That’s nearly five times her husband Tom Brady’s estimated $9m (£5.7m) earnings over the same period.
Bündchen made those millions and took the top spot, thanks to her campaigns for top brands like Chanel, Balenciaga, Carolina Herrera and Emilio Pucci, as well as profits she earned from her Gisele Bundchen Intimates lingerie collection, along with remuneration for the jelly sandals she designs for Brazilian shoemaker Grenden.
The second ranked supermodels on the list, Cara Delevingne and Adriana Lima, earned almost 80% less than Bündchen. Both earned $9m (£5.7m). While Delevingne joined the elite list in 2014, Lima, another Brazilian who is luxury lingerie maker Victoria Secret’s longest-running angel, marked her debut on the list in 2012.
Other highlights of the list include Australian model and television star Miranda Kerr, who has been in the headlines for dating billionaire Snapchat co-founder/CEO Evan Spiegel, occupying a comfortable fifth position with earnings of $5.5m (£3.5 m). Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kendall Jenner joined the big league, ranked ranked 16th on the list with $4m (£2.5 m). Former supermodel and once irreplaceable British star Kate Moss still featured on the list, standing at the 12th position with earnings of $4.5m (£2.8 m).
The Forbes list is based on each model’s combined earnings from cosmetics, endorsements, advertising, fragrance deals and ramp shows during June 2014 to June 2015. The qualifying mark for the list was an annual income of at least $3.5m (£2.2 m).
Below is the complete list of rankings published by Forbes with their corresponding incomes:
1.Gisele Bündchen – $44m (£28.2m)
2. Cara Delevingne – $9m (£5.7m)
2. Adriana Lima – $9m (£5.7m)
4. Doutzen Kroes – $7.5m (£4.8m)
5. Natalia Vodianova – $7m (£4.4m)
6. Miranda Kerr – $5.5m (£3.5m)
6. Joan Smalls – $5.5m (£3.5m)
8. Lara Stone – $5m (£3.2m)
8. Alessandra Ambrosio – $5m (£3.2m)
8. Candice Swanepoel – $5m (£3.2m)
8. Karlie Kloss – $5m (£3.2m)
12. Carolyn Murphy — $4.5m (£2.8m)
12. Kate Moss – $4.5 m (£2.8m)
12. Liu Wen – $4.5m (£2.8m)
15. Daria Werbowy – $4.5m (£2.8m)
16. Kendall Jenner – $4m (£2.5m)
17. Hilary Rhoda – $3.5m (£2.2 m)
17. Jourdan Dunn – $3.5m (£2.2 m)
17. Kate Upton – $3.5m (£2.2 m)
17. Anja Rubik – $3.5m (£2.2 m)
17. Edita Vilkeviciute – $3.5m (£2.2 m)
- Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady split rumours: Supermodel ‘has consulted a divorce lawyer’
- Gisele Bundchen retires from the runway: 5 jobs the supermodel could do next
- Gisele Bündchen tops Forbes list of highest-paid models
Our daily newspaper is here : Ace Worldwide News